Whatsapp has added a new feature to its application titled ” Dictation feature” which lets you speak messages into your smartphone’s microphone and then translates it into text.
While this feature already existed on virtual assistants like Apple’s Siri or Google Assistant, what’s new is that WhatsApp will introduce a new mic icon on the keyboard for easy accessibility which is already available on most keyboard software like Google’s Gboard keyboard app or any other keyboard app that supports voice dictation…
The upgrade will be a godsend to those on the move, when it can be tricky to physically tap out conversations.
Typing is usually slower when there is a lot of information to convey. And this explains which why the WhatsApp voice message option is so popular.
However many dislike receiving voice messages, as they can be inconvenient to listen to. So WhatsApp has now helpfully provided a speech-to-text feature to transform speech into a text.
WhatsApp Dictation is available on both iPhone and Android.
How To Use WhatsApp Dictation:
- Firstly, open your WhatsApp.
- After that go to the chat window of the message you want to send.
- Tap on the Type box to send the message. On the keyboard, you will see a mic icon. Tap on it.
- Whatever message you want to send here speak, it will be automatically typed.
- Android users will get this mic button upwards in the keyboard. At the same time, iOS users downwards.
- After the message is typed, you can click the Send button. The message will reach your contact. Commas and question marks can be summoned by simply saying “comma” or “question mark”.
- Then once the message s complete simply tap Send as normal.
- It will help WhatsApp to speak clearly and enunciate words.
And it is also recommended to dictate messages in a quiet place, to give your microphone the optimal opportunity to pick up your words. However, it is easy to edit dictated message before they are sent.