WhatsApp Status is a feature on WhatsApp that allows you to update images and text on your WhatsApp account for your friends to see.
I just discovered this little trick that allows’s you discover the original date a WhatsApp status photo was snapped. This trick allows you to discover lies told by a friend on the date he/she snapped a photo or attended an event.
Note: this trick was tested and works perfectly on Android 5.0 phones and above. Follow the instructions below.
1. Go to phone file manager or explorer.
2. Scroll down and look for WhatsApp file folder. This directory holds all the details of your WhatsApp usage.
3. Click on the Media directory to see all the media your phone has received.
4. Look at the down-right side or up-right side of your phone (depends on phone) and click the 3 dots icon to reveal hidden files.
5. Now, the statuses folder can be visible. You can rename the folder for easier configuration but make sure you rename it when through.
7. Click on it to see all the statuses you have received in the past 24 hours. Then navigate to the one you want to check the date it was created.
8. Click and hold on to the photo and click see details (This depends on the type of phone – some phones have other way to see the details of a file).
9. The date you see on it reflects the date it was created. You can even save the status manual by copying it to another folder out of the statues folder.
This method is applicable to all files received even from group chats etc. Their details and the date they were created can be visible from the file itself.
Note this is only applicable if the file has not been modified. Other factors may also affect the date the file was created and may make this inaccurate.